Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ice Bars, Renzo Piano, Wine Tasting and Beyond!

ciao tutti!


So this will conclude my postings for about 2 weeks now, I will be traveling with my school to Sicily for a week, then I will meet up with my sister (Molly) and Sarah for another week of traveling to Firenze (florence), Venezia (venice), and Menaggio on Lake Como (north of Milano). So dont get too eager to hear about my great adventures until the 20th or so.

So, to wrap things up, I will discuss some random recent happenings (and finish my Sardegna post)

First off, Ice bars.

its a bar made up of ice. and you get to wear a sweet silver coat.

get it, its ice...


sibling ice drink drinking

group ice bar fest!

Second, Renzo Piano.

Sweet architect who did this awesome concert hall.

that roof is made of lead.... how bad ass is that!


cool stuff

Third, Wine tasting.

We had a native Sicilian host a wine tasting and food party yesterday. We drank three different types of wine from Sicily, all were very good! He also talked a lot about the importance of food and drink in Sicilian culture. For example, in Italy they are very protective of their native wines. There are many types of wines and each vineyard names each type of wine which results in endless numbers of wine. He described it by saying this.... "I like wines from California, and I like some wines from Tuscana but the Sicilian Nero d'Avola is my wine. Its like drinking my dead grandfather (he drank a lot of wine). Its my heritage..."

Unfortunatly I dont have pics from this yet....

anyways! Off to Sicily!


ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment